How to convert and import Canon EOS 650D MOV videos to Sony Vegas ?
Canon updates its entry-level ‘Rebel’ series with a new model, the EOS Rebel T4i (650D). Put the new EOS 650D / Rebel T4i side-by-side with its predecessor, the EOS 600D/Rebel T3i, you may think it only has a very minor update, because the bodies and specs are so similar. But delve a little deeper and you will find it’s more attractive than it first appears.
The new T4i EOS 650D is more video-friendly, it comes with new features aimed at improving its live view and video performance. The same with other DSLR cameras in Rebel line, like Canon EOS 550D (Rebel T2i), Canon EOS 600D (Rebel T3i), and Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS), the EOS Rebel T4i (650D) records videos in H.264 MOV format, and the T4i offers shooting modes listed as below:
- 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p
- 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
- 640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
In regards of importing Canon Rebel MOV to Sony Vegas for smooth editing (H.264 MOV is not a suitable editing format for Sony Vegas), you are suggested to convert Canon T4i MOV to Sony Vegas friendly format, like WMV or MPG. The following section elaborates how to convert Canon EOS 650D MOV to MPGfor Sony Vegas production with UFUSoft Canon video to Sony Vegas Converter, which not only encode Canon EOS 650D video to WMV/MPG, but also cut out all the unwanted frames.
Steps to convert and import Canon EOS 650D .mov video to Sony Vegas
1. Backup Canon EOS 650D .mov footage directly from camera to PC hard drive for use.
2. Run Canon video Converter, import your .mov source files from computer.
If you would like to cut off unwanted parts of your MOV clips, you can click “Settings” button to trim the video in a much easier way.5. Choose “Output” on the top of main interface to switch it to output interface.
3. Choose Sony Vegas friendly codec as output format. For importing Canon EOS 650D .mov video to Sony Vegas, follow the steps to set MPG format:
Click “Format” bar to select “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” group. You can choose “MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” or “WMV VC-1 (*.wmv)”.
4. Press the convert button to start conversion. Convert Canon EOS 650D .mov to WMV/MPG video for Sony Vegas.
5. Import WMV/MPG to Sony Vegas.
In Sony Vegas, follow Import/Export, which is located on the “File” tab of the program, to load videos for film making. From there, it will take only a few clicks for you to start importing converted UFUSoft Canon EOS 650D videos to Vegas.